With a member of my MPT, Wendy Bernhard at IM’s Mission Dinner at the ABC Biennial Mission Summit in Puerto Rico
Summer is almost over. For many, this season provided opportunities for vacation, road trips, barbecues and so much more. I am a summer person, and so I am a little bit sad that this season is coming to an end. But happy that it will come around again next year and every year. In looking back at this summer and late spring, as far as my networking efforts were concerned, I had the wonderful opportunity to engage with individuals, families locally and abroad, seminarians, professors, mission committees and churches. Below is an update:
- Wrote a devotional piece for a Methodist Church, Hopewell United Methodist Church (gift sent to IM for my support)
- After attending a Zoom Mission Prayer Meeting, I met with the pastor of Santa Clara First Baptist Church, CA, and the church committed to supporting me monthly.
- Met with a Pentecostal Pastor and shared my Call Story. He is planning a Mission Conference and invited me to be the facilitator/keynote speaker.
- Shared my Call Story to Thrive Ministries in New Jersey. IM is receiving monthly support from Thrive Ministries.
- Shared the Word and my Call Story at the Bethel Free Evangelical (BFEC) Church in Staten Island, New York. IM has received support from BFEC for me.
- Shared the Word and my Call Story at a Southern Baptist Church, Transformation Church, in Delaware. Further meetings are being scheduled and am encouraged by my initial meeting with the pastor.
- Reached out to The Mount Zion Missionary Baptist (a member of the Mecklenburg General Baptist Association in North Carolina) that resulted in a gift sent to IM for my support.
- Invited to be a workshop speaker on Global Mission at the Philadelphia Baptist Association (PBA)
Annual Meeting. I am praying for support from the PBA churches.
- Traveled to Long Island at the invitation of a member of my Missionary Partnership Team (MPT)
where I spent several hours with this member’s media team to record two promotional videos.
Preparing to share at City Line’s Mission Team Meeting
- Reached out to a Presbyterian Church, City Line Church in Bala Cynwyd, PA which resulted in a gift sent to IM for my support. The mission team was very keen to learn more about my calling and I met with them on 08/14/2023 via zoom. Praying for further support. Reached overseas family, friends and organizations. I am encouraged by monthly and one-time gifts from families in South Africa despite the very weak South African currency against the USD.
- I received encouragement from one of our partner organizations in South Korea in response to my letter to them for support. A member of my MPT is also encouraging this organization to support me.
Pic with the City Line Mission Team
- Attended the American Baptist Church Mission Summit in Puerto Rico and shared my Call Story at the Luther Rice Dinner event. I am praying for support from ABC churches.
- I reached out to my seminary professors, and I am encouraged by some of their pledged monthly and annual support.
I am grateful for the opportunities to share God’s call upon my life to serve as a global servant with IM. As the next season approaches, I am trusting God for His provision and grace and I look forward to reaching my goal of 100% pledged support so that I can ministry.
Feel free to visit my Facebook page or my page on the IM website where you can read my journals.
You can click this link to safely pledge your support.
Recording a promotional video in New York