Full S.T.E.M. Ahead South Africa
Ministry in Qonce, South Africa
June – July 2023
Walking On the Water
Matthew 14:28-29a(NLT) “Then Peter called to Him, “Lord if it’s really You, tell me to come to You walking on the water.” “Yes, come” Jesus said.”
Bethany Emmanuel Baptist Church – Holiday Club 2023
Calvary Baptist Church – Youth Day Prayer 2023
Hello Family, Friends, and Ministry Partners:
I hope you are all enjoying your summer. Thank you for trusting me with your prayer requests. Thank you for also sending back praise reports to answered prayers.
My neighbor shared his sugar cane harvest today with me. So today I was trying to eat sugar cane just like I did when I was a little girl growing up in Georgetown, Guyana. I did not have a cutlass(machete) so how was I going to eat it. The grown up in me was already thinking YouTube tutorial. Then I remembered, it was as simple biting and chewing. I enjoyed my sugar cane.
The Bible passage in Matthew 14 when Jesus told Peter to come, and walk on water, is like me trying to over think the process of eating sugar cane. Faye Carol, the little girl, looked at her Grandfather Daw eating the sugar cane and I did the same. Just like Peter who took His eyes off the perfect example, Jesus, I took my eyes off what my elders taught me. The Holy Spirit did have to bring the process back to my memory and I had a good laugh at myself.
In ministry, I must learn daily to keep it simple to walk on water. I must also remember that Jesus will tell me when to come out of my safety zone. He always says, “look at me”. He will always pull me up when I am sinking. I must remember that my learners are not Professional Teachers, Rocket Scientists, Engineers, and Mathematicians yet. Each learner’s possibility is endless with Jesus in their heart. Most of all Love with the heart of Christ Jesus.
- Started updating the Teleios Christian 9th grade classroom thanks to my MPT (Missionary Partnership Team) Agape – Before and After Photos in my next newsletter.
- Youth Day Celebration at Calvary Baptist Church – Pastor Olson and Bernadine Abdul really encouraged the children and youth to be active in their church.
- Holiday Club 2023 at Bethany Emmanuel Baptist Church – Pastor Reuben and Patricia Ihlenfeldt were encouraged by the number of teenagers and young adults who volunteered to be team leaders. Most of the volunteers were children who once attended Holiday Club when they were younger. God showed Pastor Reuben and Patricia the fruit of their labor in the God’s vineyard.
- I taught about Missions once again during Holiday Club 2023. It was good to engage with our future missionaries/global servants.
- I took a ten-day hiking vacation with Rovaughna Richardson. Rovaughna is founder and Global Servant Leader of Esteem Resources Africa in Ghana. We visited and hiked Drakensberg Mountains, Hogsback Mountains and Table Mountains in South Africa. This was a soul care ministry to reflect on the goodness, mercy and the love of God. It was good to see the grandeur of our God.
- Rovaughna also got to meet some of Teleios Christian School’s teaching staff and Principal/Pastor Reuben Ihlenfeldt and his wife Patricia Ihlenfeldt. Rovaughna and Patricia were able to use each other as resources on Gender Base Violence.
- In Cape Town, South Africa I met Pastor Rev. Dr Jocobus Nomdoe of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church, Western Cape. Rovaughna introduced me to the church where she received her call to long term mission service. Dr. Nomdoe is the director of Global Teen Challenge. This ministry helps teen and young adults with issues of substance abuse, gang violence and human trafficking. Dr. Nomdoe informed me that a lot of the teens and the young adults come from the Eastern Cape. The Eastern Cape is the province in South Africa where I am currently working. Qonce is a city in the Eastern Cape. This is a good connection for future ministry collaboration. God opens doors when we are not even expecting it to happen.
- Started working with two women who are starting their own NPO called YONA. I will give further details in August-September 2023 Newsletter.
Ministry Highlights video: https://youtu.be/s-abMBw1XRg
- The ministry funding God is using you to provide is helping two Teleios Christian School teachers to attend special needs training.
- One of our grade R students (Kindergarten), who was not talking when she started in January 2023, is now repeating words.
- Fezi Tukuta, the reading teach, has helped one of my math students to read so much better. He is now able to read his math book and it is easier for me to help him in math.
- Teleios Christian School Ministry – 2023 school year. Only one term left. Pray for Learners, their families, Principal, Assistant Principal, Teachers, Teacher Aids, and Custodians.
- Extended Village School Ministry – two adopted schools Jityaza Combined Primary School and Forbes Grant High School – Working on how to walk alongside the students and administrators.
- The new and old learners God will continue to send to me in 2023. May I show them the love of Jesus.
- Bethany Emmanuel Baptist Church and Project Dorcas Women’s Vocational Training Program
- Extended ministry outreach to two village churches, Calvary Baptist in Breidbach township and Bethel Baptist Church in Ginsberg township
- Special Education teachers to help train the teachers at Teleios Christian school and extended ministry schools (See praise report).
- Xhosa Language – Better pronunciation
- Simple Afrikaans greeting as I visit some churches with only mixed-race congregation.
- The ministry of letting Christ be known through Math and Science tutoring at Teleios Christian School and surrounding villages
- Pray for my family and MPT Agape
- Pray for the planning of the first short-term mission trip to South Africa by my MPT members.
- Our recognizing that God has brought us together to be a witness for Christ in the lives of children in South Africa as well as in your local area in the United States
- Partners’ and ‘friends’ specific prayer requests (Please email me, I love hearing from you, praying for your specific needs and hearing your praise reports.)
- Missionary families, especially those with children
- My sending organization International Ministries
“Enkosi kakhulu, ndiyabulela.” (Thank you very much, I am grateful.)
God bless and keep you all,
Qonce, South Africa
Contact Email: email@example.com