WellSpring of Faith and Hope Community School kids with new school supplies
WellSpring of Faith and Hope Community School kids receive new shoes
Girls in Sarah's weekly Bible-study class get pillowcase dresses
Two little girls carry water in Zambia
Another year gone. Where did 2011 go? And at the same time, we thank God for all that was accomplished this year. Let us tell you how you have blessed many little children as you help them to secure their future through an education and other kinds of assistance:
• Our community school project for vulnerable and orphaned children called the WellSpring of Faith and Hope School or “WOFAH” (located in a poor urban area of the capitol city of Lusaka, Zambia) had an incredible year with your financial support and prayers. The children have had a stable educational year with classes every day on the school calendar, and we thank God that they have been (for the most part) happy and healthy, and have done well.
• A team of young people at Bloomsburg University donated school supplies to ensure the children have pencils, pens, erasers, and pencil cases just in time for the end of school year exams.
• With the help of our friends at Altrusa International in San Diego, and from Zamshu in Zambia, our WOFAH children received shoes just in time for the rainy season.
• The 2011 mission team from Second Baptist Church, Germantown, Pennsylvania blessed the children and us by coming and ministering through Vacation Bible School for several days as well as feeding the children daily healthy lunches.
• With help from our friends at the International School in Japan and the Istanbul International Community School in Turkey, we received seed-funds and started looking for land to build the WOFAH School so we can stop renting school rooms.
• Little girls in the weekly Bible Study Sarah leads received pillowcase dresses hand-sewn by some wonderful women in Laramie, Wyoming.
• Our friends at the American International School of Lusaka (AISL) have conducted professional and computer training with our community school teachers, as well as student exchanges between the AISL and WellSpring children in music, swimming and computer technology education.
This is just the beginning of the marvelous work that has begun in Zambia, and we really need your continued support. With your help and the help of our friends and partners in San Diego, Zambia, Japan, and Turkey a vital chain has been forged to help the children get an education, improve their lives, and change their community for the better. Your contributions and prayer support have made all this possible. Your contributions keep us on the field and allow us to continue to be the hands and feet of Christ.
For our current supporters, we need your ongoing support! We need new supporters to partner with us to continue these vital ministries. It is critical: we are at only 50 percent of our needed support level; and in order to remain in Zambia, we need more supporters so we can carry out this crucial work. Please consider an added or new “special end of year” or “beginning of the new year” donation that will make a difference and help to change lives.
We ask all who are part of our Missionary Partnership Network (MPN), and all those who wish to partner with us and become members of our MPN, to send your contributions to:
P.O. Box 851
Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851
-- with your check-note marked “For the support of the West’s in Zambia”. Also, you can contribute to our ministry on-line by entering an amount in the window at the top of this page and clicking on the "Give" button next to it.
At this wonderful and blessed time of the year, we thank you and pray God’s richest blessings on you and yours.
In His Service,
Charles and Sarah West
MPT website: www.westinzambia.org