God continues to amaze us as He reveals His love and mercy to the women. Women continue to respond and seek an alternative to prostitution. We are feeling constrained by lack of space, financial resources and staffing but cannot imagine turning someone away and back into prostitution. Please pray for the release of resources and for the staff who care daily for the women.
- We have 33 women working with NightLight now.
- Ko, who returned to the bars last July has returned to NL!
- Lei, another woman who we've known for about 3 years has also finally decided to leave prostitution and join NL.
- Nati was found sleeping on the street after leaving the bars. We brought her in to NL and she is adjusting well. She has had some damage due to drug use in the past. Pray for wisdom in caring for her.
- We have had a lot of wonderful supportive visitors and volunteers including Perimeter, "Wonderfully Made" founder Kelly, Mollie, Michelle, Julie, Melissa and Jann from WER. We are so grateful for all the help we received at this very busy time.
- Asha who has come from Nagaland to serve with us for a year.
- Aacharn Anusorn comes to teach guitar and lead worship 3 mornings a week.
- Jai Samarn church has agreed to our using their facility twice a week for Bible study.
- Jeff, Annie's husband has been teaching spiritual formation classes with the women and supporting the staff.
- NightLight's jewelry is now posted on the web page for orders. Thanks to Sandra for her hard work and creativity.
- We have had incredible outreach lately with trafficked women as well as the Thai women in the bars.
- We are about as full as we can be in the present site. Pray for additional space, resources, and staff so that we can continue to provide new life for women leaving prostitution. The prayers for their freedom are being answered but we need the support to care for them when they come.
- Pray for the staff in caring for the women's physical, emotional and spiritual needs. We are feeling overwhelmed with the growing responsibility.
- Pray for quick processing for establishing a non-profit in the U.S. as well as Bangkok.
- Natalie's mother passed away. Please remember her and the family.
- Gate decided she was ready to move on and attend beauty school full time. Please pray that she will continue to grow in her faith.
If you are interested in supporting NightLight, please make a check out to International Ministries, specify for NightLight/Dieselberg and send it to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA, USA 19482-0851.
We are so thankful for your prayers and support! We covet prayers but prayers alone will not provide for the women. We ask for resources but resources alone will not enable the women to grow in Christ and be freed. Prayer and support go hand in hand and we value you as partners in this mission.
Blessings in abundance,
Annie and the NightLight team
p.s. check out the jewelry on the website now and spread the word!