Debby and Kyle serve the Thai Karen Baptist Convention (TKBC) Siloam Bible Institute in Chiang Mai, Thailand, where they work in pastoral education and leadership development. Young people from the Karen ethnic group attend the school with the goal of following the call of God on their lives to be pastors and evangelists among the Karen villages in the hills of Thailand. Kyle is also involved in continuing education with TKBC pastors and evangelists. Debby is providing worship leadership to conferences in the area and helping with the English language program at Siloam. The Witmers continue discipleship with their own children through homeschooling.
Kyle shares the following prayer concerns –
- As we prepare for our 1 year of Stateside assignment, pray that we will finish well here, and that we will be able to accomplish all that God intends for this term of ministry.
- For classes that will begin again in October (we’re at the end of a term this next week) and all the prep for those classes to go well and be a blessing. I’ll be teaching Hermeneutics, Baptist History and Beliefs, Pastoral Theology, Life and Teachings of Christ, and Asian Church History – along with some English tutoring.
- For Debby as she continues to home school and disciple our kids.
- For Debby as she prepares to lead worship at conferences this fall. She has one in each of the next 3 months, all with different teams, and in different locations.
- For our children as they transition back to the States. We’re still uncertain as to where we’ll be able to call “home” while we’re there, but we know WHO we call “home”.
- For Brennan as he finishes high school and prepares to go to college. Praying for God to do wonderful things in his life.
- For Hannah as this past year has been particularly difficult. Praying for the peace of Christ to rule in her heart.
- For the church we serve in here in Chiang Mai, CMCC, and the transitions that will happen as we depart.