March was a special time as 15 friends from the Hope for the Hilltribes project in the USA came to facilitate a camp for our House of Love (HOL) and CDPD students and staff. (I hope you enjoy the photos I have included). With 81 people involved (including 5 students who were blind and 5 students who were deaf), there was a lot of planning involved—but the 8 days were wonderful! The focus was the means of growth in our Christian walk. We also had lots of laughter throughout our time together. Personally for me, the camp opened up new avenues of relating with some of our HOL family, as we have been continuing to meet as a cell group and share about what we are learning from our self-study of the Bible. I have loved having our students share from such diverse passages from both the New and Old Testaments. Fellowship is indeed sweet!
I did want to let you know that with the current levels of giving, I am facing a shortfall with my salary for this year.
Starting April 15th through June 15th I also wanted to let you know of a Matching Gift Opportunity available for new donors or gifts above and beyond regular donations.
New or extra financial gifts will be matched 100% if given between April 15 and June 15. All contributions must be clearly marked “Matching Gift for Kim Brown” on the memo line of a check or by using the link on the International Ministries website (www.internationalministries.org/give
) and putting Matching Gift Opportunity in the Special Instructions.
The Mailing Address is:
PO Box 851
Valley Forge PA 19482-0851
- Nine House of Love (HOL) students have graduated. I praise God as these graduates get ready to pursue the next stage of their educational goals.
- The Christian Center for the Development of Persons with Disabilities (CDPD) had the distinction of being the First Runner-up in a prestigious contest for NGOs(Non-Government Offices) in Thailand. I am so proud of Khun Saylo and all of the staff who serve so faithfully!
- Our House of Love (HOL) students are on school break! I am thankful for the opportunity they have to be off of school, but it presents special challenges for our staff as they schedule times for our HOL family to be with relatives, and also schedule special activities. Please pray for our staff!
- Please also be praying for the coming school year for our HOL students, especially for our graduates who will be starting new programs at new schools. Pray for godly friends as well as for the adjustments that go along with change.
- The Christian Center for the Development of Persons with Disabilities (CDPD) students on school break as well, but staff continue to be active with clients who have special needs. Please pray for staff to not grow weary in doing good.
- The House of Blessing (HOB) is also on school break, but our teachers are using the time to interview new students for the term starting in May. Please pray for them as they work, especially since our temperatures have been 106 degrees for the past 10 days.
- I will be taking some time off in May to return to the US for a family reunion as well as much needed vacation. Please be praying for me as I finalize travel plans