October 4, 2017 Congo – Better Health Care in Baptist Hospitals
[pie chart]100%Support Raised
[world map] Africa Democratic Republic of the Congo push-pin Democratic Republic of the Congo
Health and Wellness Health and Wellness
GoalThe goal of this project is to purchase much needed medical equipment, train the medical providers and improve the quality of care for 100,000 patients annually.
SummaryThis project seeks to raise $11,765 per year to provide medical equipment in the Baptist Hospitals of Congo.
DescriptionThe Baptist Hospitals of Congo have a reputation for welcoming patients, giving good medical care and sending people home healed. In order to keep costs low and affordable, the hospitals find it difficult or impossible to purchase or replace equipment. Past funding through this project has given some hospitals improved sterilization equipment and ultrasound machines, replaced ancient operating room tables, provided lab equipment and baby scales. The project’s total cost is $35,295 for three years, or $11,765 per year. 90% of the funds will purchase medical equipment and the remaining 10% will pay for transportation, customs, training and installation.
Suggested Gifts$1,000 will provide solar lighting for the operating room in one hospital or ophthalmology instruments. $3,000 will purchase an ECG machine or an operating room table. $5,000 will purchase one ultrasound kit or blood chemistry lab equipment. $10,000 will provide a solar refrigerator kit to safely store vaccines, blood and reagents or a slit lap for eye exams.
Prayer RequestsPray that this project will enable standardization of frequently used pieces of equipment across all the Baptist Hospitals of Congo making it easier to replace or repair parts, and train personnel.  Pray that the Baptist Hospitals can expand their services to provide diagnostic testing through the purchase of additional equipment for lab, imaging and direct patient care.
Managed ByNiles, Katherine & Wayne