Advancing God’s Mission in Time of Uncertainty
Aug 6, 2021
Thank God for his grace, and our close partnership with churches in India to advance God’s mission despite the COVID impact and uncertainty.
Here are some highlights of our cooperative effort.
- Rev. Dr. Wati Longchar joyfully shared that the second book of the Leadership Empowerment Training Certificate Program – Economic and Climate Justice – was published with 1,000 copies.
- We finished a very informative virtual meeting this morning sharing update of the Council of Baptist Churches in North East India (CBCNEI) hospitals responding to COVID impact. Thank Dr. Bamin Tada, CBCNEI Medical Secretary for his report. Another main sponsor Rev. Marsha Scipio, Director of Baptist World Aid also participated in the meeting.
- CBCNEI COVID-19 Webinar to be held on August 20, 2021
- Rev. Dr. David Sagar reported that the 50 days Chain Prayer Rally of Telugu Baptist Samaikhyatha (Fellowship) was completed on July 9, but spiritual support and COVID assistance continue.
- Rev. Samaresh Nayak, Executive Director of IM sponsored India Mission Coordination Committee (IMCC) reported that financial assistance was provided to 50 families of pastors who died of COVID. There are 37 more families to help and the number of affected families is still increasing.
- A virtual Legal Aid Seminar, organized by IMCC and two Christian organizations in India, will be held on August 10, 2021
- The virtual Leadership Empowerment Training in the Post- COVID Era Program for Southern Asia and the Alliance of Asian American Baptist Churches will have the third and fourth class held on August 12 and 13 from 9 to 11 am EDT on the topics of “Pandemic, Christian faith, and the Bible: HIV & AIDS & Children at risk” and “Pandemic, Christian faith, and Bible: Disability and LGBTQI+”. This certificate program of the North East Christian University is coordinated by Dr. Wati Longchar, IM Regional Coordinator for Theological Education in East and South Asia.