Lift the Sky
Hola to all of you who care about the ministry of Mylinda Baits:
This is Gary Baits, Mylinda’s husband and biggest fan. Many of you have told me that you look forward to Mylinda’s journals and that you’re inspired by how God is using her ministry throughout Latin America and beyond. I hope you read her most recent journal about an event she coordinated in Mexico City. If not, read it!
I’m writing to you because while Mylinda loves to share about the people with whom she serves, she doesn’t really like to talk about money, especially when it has to do with supporting her ministry. I, on the other hand, have no hesitation about asking you. Could you please consider giving generously and regularly to support Mylinda’s ministry? We would love to see her support at 100%. It is currently lagging at below 70%. Right now is an especially opportune moment to give, as International Ministries is offering to match your gifts. You can see the attached document below for instructions.
Mylinda and I are about to celebrate 30 years of marriage. During that time, it has been a joy for me to watch Rev. Mylinda use her gifts of teaching, preaching, bringing folks together, and walking alongside of people in the face of great struggle and pain. Most of you know that Mylinda has been an artist for years. But in this new phase of her ministry she is using the arts more than ever, especially as a way to help people process trauma.
Mylinda extends her heart to those she encounters, reminding us that we are works of art, that we’re made in God’s image, and that we can all reflect God’s beauty and love. Recent brain science is now proving what ancient cultures and the Bible have been saying for millennia: music, movement, drawing, painting, sculpture, and all of the arts can move us in ways that go beyond words. Mylinda works with people who have been beaten up by life, people for whom words may have lost their power. But therapeutic arts can be used by the Spirit to help vulnerable people express and grieve, as well as celebrate and heal. It’s not magic and it’s not instantaneous, but it is authentic and it is transformational. Those of you who know Mylinda can feel her joy as she serves Christ in this way.
Now that I’m done bragging (in a humble, Christian way) about my wife, I’m inviting you to give. You can read the attachments and you can give on the website at internationalministries.org. All gifts are appreciated, though ongoing, monthly gifts from individuals and churches are the best way to ensure that Mylinda’s ministry continues.
Thanks for your giving. Thanks for your prayers.
Humbly proud and gratefully yours,
p.s. thanks for your prayers for me and the (grown) kids. We are well, and I’m four years into teaching High School Spanish. I plan to be at the Mission Summit in Portland, OR (June 30-July 2), and am glad to buy you a cup of coffee. If you don’t drink coffee, I’m glad to drink it for you.
You are vitally important to the work of global mission around the world.
The Spring Matching Gift Challenge is a unique opportunity to see your generous support for International Ministries and the global servants you care about DOUBLED in impact!
Out of a desire to inspire new and increased support for global servants, several generous partners have come together to create a $52,000 Spring Matching Gift Fund. From now until June 15 or the matching funds run out, whichever comes first, your crucial financial support for an International Ministries global servant can be doubled!
Your gift can be matched when:
- You pledge a new recurring gift to support the work of International Ministries and our global servants. (For example: If you make a new pledge to give $100 every month, $100 will be doubled.)
- You increase your recurring gift amount if you’re already giving monthly or quarterly. (For example: If you increase your recurring gift from $100 to $150, $50 will be doubled.)
- You make your first one-time or recurring gift to International Ministries. (For example: If you have never given to International Ministries before and you make a one-time gift of $75, all $75 will be matched.)
How to give:
- Online. Go to internationalministries.org special campaigns 2017 Spring Matching Gift. Use the Give box by Mylinda's name to give by credit card.
- By phone. Call Carol at 1-800-222-3872, ext. 2323, to give by credit card.
- By check. Make your check out to International Ministries, write Mylinda Baits/Matching Gift Fund in the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.