School Lunches for Hill Tribe Children in Thailand
Goal: $8,000 annually
About this Mission Project
The House of Blessing (HOB) is an early childhood education center that serves hill tribe children from the slums of Chiang Mai, Thailand. The HOB promotes physical, social, emotional and spiritual growth for each child. The area’s severe poverty means that most of the children’s families are unable to provide enough healthy food, but hot lunches at HOB ensure good nutrition.
Gittikhun is a friendly six-year-old boy in his third year at HOB. Due to malnutrition, he is small for his age. His parents have health problems and are not able to work, and in the past he had to beg food from his neighbors. Now Gittikhun has a hot lunch each school day, and the teachers can send food home with him for the evening meal.
- $160 buys one child hot lunches for a year.
- $480 provides three children with hot lunches for a year.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $8,000 a year to provide a daily hot meal for more than 50 children at the HOB in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The purpose is to provide good nutrition for the disadvantaged ethnic minority children served by the HOB. This project will be managed by missionary Kim Brown and the staff of the HOB.
It is anticipated that this project will improve the overall nutrition and general health of each of the children attending the HOB, enabling them to be more consistent in school attendance and increasing their ability to learn.
Connect to this Mission Project
- ? Pray with Kim Brown and the HOB staff in Thailand that the center will receive adequate funding to provide nutritious meals for these children so that they can study and have a better future.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Lunches/House of Blessing on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
Three students enjoy lunchtime at the HOB. The cost of lunch is just 45 cents per student.