STEP for Chiang Rai, Thailand
Goal: $360 per student annually
About this Mission Project
Education is the gift of a lifetime. Children living in remote Akha villages in mountainous northern Thailand often don’t attend school because of the distance they must travel. Education is even less of a priority for girls, and in many areas it is not available past the sixth grade.
Buyeu was born in a traditional Akha home. As the eldest, she cares for her younger siblings, gathers firewood, carries water and helps with laundry and cooking. And thanks to a sponsor, for the last seven years she has gone to school and is turning her dreams to be a teacher or nurse into reality.
The Student Tuition Expense Program (STEP) is designed to give children like Buyeu the same chance for an education and future.
- $30 sponsors a student for a month.
- $90 sponsors a student for three months.
- $180 sponsors a student for six months.
- $360 sponsors a student for a year.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise annual commitments of $360 per student to provide an education for Akha children in Thailand. The money will provide school uniforms, transportation, school supplies, housing and meals.
This project will be managed by IM missionary Ruth Fox and by Miju Yehbiang.
It is anticipated that the project will raise the educational level for numerous children and improve the overall standard of living for their communities in rural Thailand.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Chuck and Ruth Fox and their partners in Thailand that Akha children will be provided the opportunities for education, which are key to their hopes and dreams for a better life.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write STEP/Chiang Rai on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
Buyeu (center of the third row) joins students from several Akha villages in northern Thailand. They are all receiving much-needed education help through the STEP for Chiang Rai project. They are brought together for fellowship and encouragement during the time of their studies.