Pigs for Kids in Haiti
Goal: $33,000 to purchase hundreds of pigs
About this Mission Project
Education costs money, and in Haiti, poor children with jobless parents are doomed to a future with few options. May become part of gangs, where they resort to crime to survive.
Seeing the success of the Kids for Kids goat project, the Haitian Baptist Convention is providing pigs for children in the cooler, higher elevations of Haiti that are not suitable for raising goats. The children learn to be responsible as they feed and care for their pigs. Adult pigs can be sold, and the money raised pays for school uniforms and fees. This project improves quality of life and brings hope.
Many churches in northern Haiti are interested in participating in the pig project. Your gift of $100 will pay for a pig and for veterinary care to be sure it remains healthy. $240 will provide four pigs. $600 will provide 10 pigs.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $33,000 to purchase hundreds of pigs for distribution in northern Haiti. The purpose of the project is to give impoverished families the means to earn money from the sale of adult pigs, which will be used to pay for school fees and uniforms for their children.
This project will be managed by IM missionary Nzunga Mabudiga, who works with the Haitian Baptist Convention, which provides the pigs. It is anticipated that hundreds of children will be able to afford an education as a result of this project.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Nzunga Mabudiga and the Haitian Baptist Convention that this project will bring hope to hundreds of families who want to give their children a better future.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- Donate by check. Write Haiti/Nzunga/Pigs for Kids on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
These fortunate children in Plaisance each have a new pig to raise! It won’t be long before they will be able to attend school.