Pigs for Kids in Haiti
About This Mission Project
For many parents in Haiti today, education is the only safe way to give their children the chance to get out of poverty. But jobs are hard to come by, so it can be hard to provide even basics like food and medication, much less tuition and school supplies.
To address this need, the Haitian Baptist Convention project provides piglets for children to raise and sell. The money they earn pays for school tuition and uniforms, shoes, books and more. Not only do the children learn responsibility in caring for the animals; it also gives them a sense of ownership in changing their future.
- $50 provides one pig to a child in need.
- $100 provides two children with one pig each.
- $250 provides five pigs.
- $500 provides 10 pigs.
Mission Project Specifics
International Ministries seeks to raise $21,000 to purchase hundreds of pigs for distribution in northern Haiti. This project will empower more than 400 families by giving them the means to pay for their children’s education.
This project will be managed by missionary Nzunga Mabudiga. It is anticipated that this project will reduce stress for families in need by providing them with the assurance that their children will be able to have an education.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with Nzunga Mabudiga and the Haitian Baptist Convention that this project will help children go to school and better their lives.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Haiti/Nzunga/Pigs for Kids on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above…
These two boys from en Bas la Coupe with their new piglets will be able to get an education. The cool, high-elevation parts of Haiti where these boys live are unsuitable for many animals, such as goats, but pigs thrive in this environment.