Equip 20 Health Builders in South Africa
About this Mission Project
Shacks cling to the hillsides of Amaoti, home to people seeking to survive in the harsh environment where crime and disease are rampant. Health builders go out into these areas to screen, offer education and refer for common health conditions such as obesity, HIV, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Siya, a health builder, is committed, caring and eager to share the life that he has found in Christ with others. He has the knowledge and skills to train other health builders. He longs to bring healing of mind, body and soul to the people in his hometown of Amaoti.
- $100 equips four health builder with blood pressure cuffs and stethoscopes.
- $250 buys supplies for one health builder to screen 150 people for HIV and diabetes.
- $1,250 trains and equips one health builder.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $16,406 per year for the next three years to equip health builders to screen their neighbors and refer them to local clinics when necessary. Health builders also lead ongoing tablet-computer-based health classes and Bible studies in their native language of Zulu. They address the most pressing health problems including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, high blood pressure, malaria and malnutrition.
This project will be managed by IM missionaries Drs. Anita and Rick Gutierrez. It is anticipated that this project will improve the overall health of 2,000 women and 1,000 men in the community.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Drs. Anita and Rick Gutierrez and their partners in South Africa that many health builders will be trained to do life-saving screening, referrals and health education.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write South Africa/Gutierrez/Health Builders on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
Health Builder Siya, seated on the far left, does health screening in the community in a tent. Health builders reach many exclusively Zulu-speaking peoples by combining medical screening with life-saving health information that is shown on portable tablets computers.