Tuition and Expenses for Children in Africa
About This Mission Project
The African countries of Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Zambia have all been impacted by war and conflict, leaving children orphaned, displaced and vulnerable, with little or no access to education.
STEP (Student Tuition Expense Program) will provide one year of tuition fees and school supplies for children and youth in these three countries. Students will also receive conflict transformation and peacebuilding training.
- $50 provides one year of tuition for two children in the D.R. Congo.
- $100 provides one year’s tuition for a middle school student in Zambia.
- $250 provides book bags for 40 children in Burundi.
- $500 provides conflict transformation training for 40 children in Burundi.
Mission Project Specifics
International Ministries seeks to raise $18,720 to cover tuition fees and school supplies for 504 children in Burundi, the D.R. Congo and Zambia. Funds will be matched locally to provide uniforms, food and additional school materials.
This project will be managed by the Rev. Sharon Buttry, IM global consultant for Conflict Transformation and Community Development, in conjunction with Lance Muteyo, coordinator of the Pan African Peace Network.
It is anticipated that this project will nurture vulnerable children with basic education and training in conflict transformation, shining a bright light of education and peace in African countries currently riddled with conflict.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with Sharon Buttry and Lance Muteyo for God’s peace to reign in the D.R. Congo, Burundi and Zambia. Pray that all children will know the Prince of Peace and that the power of Christ will transform their communities.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write STEP/Africa on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above…
Children in Africa are excited and eager to learn. All it takes is a few supplies and a few dollars per year to transform the life of one young student with education and training for peace. These children thank you for your generous support!