Karen, a pregnant mother in Chiquilistagua, Nicaragua
About This Mission Project
If a pregnant woman contracts Zika, there is a 1-in-3 chance that her baby will be born with microcephaly and other neurological problems.
A team of 10 community facilitators will be visiting 300 pregnant women in some of the poorest communities in Nicaragua to distribute Zika Prevention and Education Kits and to provide:
- education about Zika and how to prevent it
- help with obtaining good prenatal care
- training to help moms use their kits
Each prevention training kit can be assembled with a gift of $20.
Mission Project Specifics
International Ministries seeks to raise $12,000 to help 300 pregnant women in Nicaragua avoid contracting the Zika virus, which peaks in August when the mosquito population grows due to increased amounts of rain.
This project will be managed by Drs. David and Laura Parajón and their staff at AMOS Health and Hope.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with Drs. David and Laura Parajón that AMOS will be able to act in time to prevent babies and their families from suffering because of Zika. Pray also that pregnant women who are worried about their unborn babies will be comforted.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Nicaragua/Zika Virus on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
Expectant moms can deliver healthy babies if they can avoid the Zika infection. Your gift can prevent devastating birth defects.