Mitendi Primary School Annual Fund
About This Mission Project
For the past 10 years, the Mitendi area has experienced an explosion in population growth. The majority of the people in the immediate area have fled to Kinshasa hoping to find help and relief from poverty and are now living in refugee status. A survey identified that over 1,000 primary-school-age children were not attending school.
The Primary School Annual Fund will provide student scholarships and support for the school. These children are the future of the Congo.
- $140 gives one child an education for a year.
- $700 gives five children an education for a year.
- $1,000 helps with the maintenance of the school and teachers’ support throughout the school year.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $36,240 to provide scholarships for primary school children and cover ongoing maintenance and teachers’ support during the school year.
This project will be managed by Jill Lowery, missionary to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
This is an ongoing project that will be renewed annually.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with Jill and the Congolese Baptist Women’s Association that, by offering an education to children, the school will lift up the communities in the Mitendi area.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Congo/Mitendi Primary School Annual Fund on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
The Mitendi Primary School is officially recognized by the government.