Mitendi Women’s Center Annual Fund
About This Mission Project
The Mitendi Women’s Center, located in the outskirts of the capital city, Kinshasa, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, serves the most vulnerable women. The center provides basic education, training in life skills and job training in sewing and restaurant work. In a Christian context, the residents receive comprehensive care, including support for body, mind and spirit.
This Annual Fund provides scholarships for the in-residence training program and also covers the center’s ongoing maintenance needs.
- $380 provides one young woman with education and training for a year.
- $1,000 helps with the maintenance of the center and supports the two-year residential training program.
- $1,900 provides five young women with education and training for a year.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $33,300 for the Mitendi Women’s Center Annual Fund. It will cover scholarships so that young women can complete the residential education and training program and will also provide maintenance for the center.
This project will be managed by Jill Lowery, missionary to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
This is an ongoing project that will be renewed annually.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with Jill and the Congolese Baptist Women’s Association that the young women in the program will be able to make better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Congo/Mitendi Women’s Ctr Annual Fund on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
The young women who live at the Mitendi Women’s Center take job training courses in sewing (pictured) and restaurant work.