Mitendi Primary School Building
About This Mission Project
Four years ago, the Congolese Baptist Women started the Mitendi Primary School using classrooms in the Mitendi Women’s Center. The school now serves 330 students. The building can no longer accommodate both the women’s program and the primary school.
Plans to build a separate building for the primary school have been approved. It will include six classrooms, a library that will double as a meeting room, a store room and an administrative office. This building will have the capacity to serve more than twice the number of students currently enrolled—and it will also free up the women’s center building for its intended purpose of ministering to young, at-risk women.
- $700 clears the building site.
- $1,000 pays for carpentry assistance.
- $2,700 provides all of the building’s doors.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $169,351 to build the Mitendi Primary School building.
This project will be managed by Jill Lowery, missionary to the Democratic Republic of the Congo; Pauline Mfulu; and engineer Freddy Ngalumulume.
It is anticipated that this project will be able to break ground once 80% of the funding has been received.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with Jill, the Congolese Baptist Women’s Association and those who will be responsible for the building project that construction will go smoothly.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Congo/Mitendi Primary School building on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
There is significant crowding in the primary school classrooms, which are currently being hosted in the women’s center.