Help to Construct North East Christian University in Nagaland
About This Mission Project
For the first time since American Baptist missionaries began work there in 1836, the Council of Baptist Churches of North East India plans to establish a liberal arts university near Dimapur, Nagaland, to provide a wholesome education that is global in perspective, Christian in character and practical in its approach.
North East Christian University will be committed to integrating faith and knowledge, character and service to transform and empower students for leadership in challenging times.
- $38.46 provides one square foot of new construction.
- $3,800 pays for one administrative office.
- $7,700 pays for one faculty office.
- $15,400 pays for one computer lab.
- $23,000 pays for one classroom.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $100,000 to begin construction of a city center for the new university.
This project will be managed by a representative board of directors from the Council of Baptist Churches of North East India.
It is anticipated that this project will create a university to accommodate 3,000 students.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with the Council and IM development workers Taku and Katie Longkumer that the new university will provide a Christian witness to thousands of students.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write India/North East Christian University on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
The Anchor building will become the new city center for the North East Christian University. It will be expanded by adding two more floors for classrooms, faculty offices and a computer lab.