Help Children Have a Bright Future through the Student Tuition Expense Program
About This Mission Project
Children all over the world are in need of supplies so that they can attend school. Basic education helps reduce child labor, improve health, empower local economies and enable people to read, make informed spiritual commitments and exercise leadership in their churches and communities.
The Student Tuition Expense Program (STEP) helps with expenses such as books, tuition, recreational and sports equipment, transportation, uniforms, healthy lunches and snacks, stipends for teachers and classroom supplies. The following are average global costs:
- $100 pays for one semester of middle school.
- $250 purchases a year’s worth of supplies for one classroom.
- $500 pays for tuition, transportation and healthy snacks for three students for one semester.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $80,000 to help provide K–12 education and vocational training for children and young adults in 18 different countries.
The purpose of this project is to make it possible for children and young adults, regardless of their means and backgrounds, to get the education and training they need to break the cycle of poverty and strengthen their communities.
It is anticipated that this project will provide many young people with the opportunity to pursue a brighter future.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with IM and our global partners that children and young adults around the world would be able to receive education and training to lift themselves and their communities out of poverty and vulnerable situations.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write STEP/General on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
Each year, thousands of children and young adults like these are able to pursue a quality education thanks to STEP funds. IM and its global partners seek to expand this program to reach more vulnerable and underserved populations with the life-changing impact of a good education.