Youth Camps in Cuba and the Dominican Republic
About this Mission Project
Youth camps in the Dominican Republic and Cuba are key ministries for our Baptist partners. They are places where children can have fun while they learn about God’s love for them. The four camps—two in the Dominican Republic and two in Cuba—can currently host up to 800 children, but leaders would like to be able to accommodate 1,000 children and youths each year.
This project will increase the size of dorms, bathrooms, kitchens and meeting rooms, making it possible for camps to be held year-round. It will also provide scholarships; program materials to help with the children’s physical, emotional and spiritual growth; and stipends for the staff.
- $100 sends one child to camp for a week.
- $120 pays one supervisor for a week.
- $250 provides playground equipment for two camps.
- $500 buys materials to remodel one dorm.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $175,140 to enable the camps in Cuba to increase their capacity so that they can host up to 1,000 children and youths each year and be open year-round.
This project will be managed in Cuba by the Eastern Cuba Baptist Convention and the Fraternity of Baptist Churches of Cuba, and in the Dominican Republic by the Centro de Retiros Pastos Verdes and the Iglesia Bautista Misionera Haitiana, Inc. (Maranatha).
It is anticipated that this project will introduce many more children to God’s love and make the camps more of an outreach to the children’s families and the surrounding communities.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Please pray with the directors and staff members of the four camps as they provide for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the children and youths who attend.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Iberoamerica/Youth Camps on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
These children and hundreds of others are nurtured at the four camps in Cuba and the Dominican Republic in their knowledge of and commitment to Christ.