Send 1,000 Israeli Children to VBS
About this Mission Project
Political and religious strife have been part of the daily reality in Israel for too long. The ongoing conflict has traumatized the people who live there—especially the children, who acutely feel the pain of these circumstances.
The Association of Baptist Churches in Israel is responding to the need to foster hope and healing among the young people by sponsoring a series of Vacation Bible Schools that will run through July and August. Ten churches in 10 towns will host a five-day VBS for kids ages 5–12 from Christian and Muslim families. Their goal is 100 kids from every town—for a total of 1,000! Hundreds of volunteers will be trained as camp counselors to share the love of Jesus Christ.
- $120 sponsors one child.
- $400 pays a camp manager.
- $1,000 provides all campers and counselors with a VBS T-shirt.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $126,000 to enable 1,000 children ages 5–12 to attend Vacation Bible School in Israel this summer.
This project will be managed by The Association of Baptist Churches in Israel.
It is anticipated that this project will bring encouragement to kids and that they will be moved by the word of God. The goal is for them to build strong friendships with their peers and mentors that will help sustain them as they go forth from the week-long day camp. By hosting this event locally and utilizing church members as leaders and supporters, it is hoped that the children and their families will continue in their relationships with the host congregation.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Please pray with The Association of Baptist Churches in Israel as they seek to be salt and light in the Holy Land.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Israel/Vacation Bible Schools on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
Children worshiping at the 2015 Vacation Bible School in the village Bi’ne in Northern Israel. The local Baptist church that runs the event does not have a church building, so the camp was held in a family’s backyard. The program uses sports, games, Bible stories and personal mentoring to show the love of Christ as an alternative to fear and hate.