Learn to Lead in India
About this Mission Project
The Mission Center in Hannomkonda, India, is surrounded by a slum filled with children who come and play on Sundays. In 2013, a Sunday school program was launched with nine students, and the number quickly doubled. The children are enthusiastic attendees and they often ask for prayers for their parents, who are non-believers.
While there are many dedicated volunteers, few of them have any training. They need to learn how to lead children to Christ using effective methods, child psychology and in-depth Christian values. This project will help train 60 volunteers so that the number of children in this program will grow to 100 or more.
- $50 provides training materials.
- $100 trains three volunteers for 10 days.
- $250 trains 25 volunteers.
- $500 feeds 60 volunteers plus 10 others for three days.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $2,100 to provide training to 60 Sunday school teachers and volunteers in India. The purpose of the project is to equip these leaders with teaching skills and methods for reaching children in the local slums. The Mission Center in Hannomkonda hopes to increase the number of children in the Sunday school program from 40 to 100 in one year.
This project will be managed by Dr. B. Wilson Vinaya Kumar of the Balasore Technical School. It is anticipated that this project will result in reaching 5 to 10 families as children share the gospel of Jesus Christ with their parents.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Dr. Wilson Kumar that, as a result of trained Sunday school teachers, the children will be able to share the gospel with their parents. Pray also that the Sunday schools will raise up future Christian leaders for India.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write India/Learn to Lead on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
Santosh is a single parent who came to Jesus along with his mother. He has a master’s degree in Business Management and is committed to working in the Sunday school program. He is talented in teaching songs and doing puppet shows. Like the children, Santosh is a first generation Christian.