Conflict Transformation Training
About This Mission Project
Dan and Sharon Buttry have been engaged in a series of Training of Conflict Transformation Trainers (TCTTs) to equip Christian peacemakers from around the world with the skills and tools for training and engaging in transformative action in conflict situations.
In 2017, the Buttrys and other International Ministries missionaries will lead two of these 10-day trainings, with two more planned for 2018. This project will provide scholarship funds so that Christian peacemakers can attend these trainings.
- $30 provides one day of accommodation and meals for one participant.
- $100 buys flipchart paper for all the workshops.
- $250 provides a plane ticket for a participant from a neighboring country.
- $500 provides a full scholarship for one person.
Mission Project Specifics
International Ministries seeks to raise $9,450 to provide scholarships so that Christian peacemakers from conflicted countries can attend 10-day training sessions in 2017 and 2018.
This project will be managed by Dan Buttry, IM’s global consultant for Peace and Justice.
It is anticipated that this project will equip Christian peacemakers for creative leadership in conflict situations throughout the world. These conflicts include wars and post-war reconciliation, ethnic violence, religious persecution, internal Baptist convention conflicts and congregational and family conflicts. Participants will learn skills to constructively intervene in conflicts and train others in conflict transformation.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Please pray with Dan and Sharon Buttry that all who want to attend these trainings will be enabled to come. Pray that the attendees will be able to put what they learn to use following the training.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Conflict Transformation Training/Buttry on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
Sharon Buttry facilitates a training exercise on the dynamics of power at the 2016 Training of Conflict Transformation Trainers held in the Philippines. Many similar tools will be utilized in the 2017 and 2018 TCTTs.