New Building Blocks for CRICS in Thailand
About this Mission Project
Chiang Rai International School (CRICS) was created to provide educational opportunities for children of Christian workers who serve in northern Thailand, as well as to bring Christ to local communities. CRICS has moved four times, finally choosing a permanent home in 2011. Since then, the school has grown from 80 to 140 students.
But now highway construction through the property has forced demolition of four of the five buildings, and by the summer of 2016 the school will have to move into new facilities. The gap between the government’s compensation and the cost of the rebuilding project is $315,000.
- $30 buys trees or one meter of cement blocks.
- $50 purchases one meter of fencing
- $100 provides a classroom window or door.
- $250 buys materials for one meter of sound barrier between rooms.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $3,000 for cement blocks for each of the 18 classrooms, and a total of $315,000 to complete the new facilities for CRICS. Although the old facilities were fairly new, this rebuilding project is necessary because the previous buildings were demolished to make space for a highway constructed by the Thai government.
This project will be managed by the CRICS Working Committee under the Christian Education Foundation of Thailand, which includes Missionaries Chuck and Ruth Fox, Global Workers Scott and Aphiwan Coats and Development Workers Joel Hoefle and Patricia Magal.
It is anticipated that the construction will take up to three years to complete.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with all those involved with CRICS that classes will be able to begin on schedule and in the new facilities, even while they are under construction.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Thailand/CRICS Building Fund on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
A beautiful rainbow fills the sky over CRICS in Thailand. The staff believes in the promises of God, who has provided faithfully for CRICS, and that he will do so again with your help!