Providing Books and School Uniforms in Mexico
About this Mission Project
The barrio of Tijuana, Mexico, is filled with poverty, drugs, gang violence and danger. Families cannot afford to buy the required uniforms and books to send their children to school. There is little hope for the barrio children, especially if they are disabled or emotionally disturbed.
Centro Pedagogico Didaque is a Baptist grade school ministry outreach of Mount Horeb Baptist Church in Tijuana, Mexico. Known as the “Special School,” the school provides a Christian environment where children of all abilities and special needs can feel safe and loved. For many students, this is the first time experiencing God’s love, and it provides an escape from difficult home environments.
- $80 provides one child with a school uniform of pants or a skirt, shirts and a jacket, as well as the books needed for classes.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $8,000 to help 100 disabled, disadvantaged or emotionally disturbed children in Baja, Mexico, by giving them school books and uniforms for one year.
The purpose of this mission project is to provide an education every year for 100 children who would otherwise not have the opportunity.
This project will be managed by International Ministries missionary Patti Long. It is anticipated that this project will improve the overall education of the community and help break the cycle of poverty for these children, as well as uplifting them with dignity and hope.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Patti Long and her partners in the Dios Con Nosotros convention of Baptist churches in Baja, Mexico, that children who are needy and disabled will have the opportunity to receive an education and be accepted as part of their society.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Centro Pedagogico Didaque-Uniforms/Long on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
These are the smiling faces of just a few of the students at Centro Pedagogico Didaque in Tijuana, Mexico, with their new school books and uniforms. Without the funding provided by this project, most of these children would not be able to get an education.