Pedals for Pastors in Burundi
Goal: 100 bicycles
About this Mission Project
Burundi, in central Africa, is one of the poorest countries in the world. Most citizens make about $1 a day. Where poverty is high, opportunities for education are low, so there is a shortage of trained, ordained pastors to shepherd the 100 churches in the Baptist Union of Burundi (BUB).
Senior pastors each guide as many as five associate churches at a time. The churches’ local leaders generally have no Biblical training, so they rely on mentorship from these pastors. However, walking from church to church over hilly and mountainous terrain takes hours. The BUB has determined that it is critical that each senior pastor be equipped with a bicycle. So the BUB has committed to providing 100 pastors with a bicycle, a tire pump and a bicycle helmet.
A gift of $200 will purchase one bike, pump and helmet for a pastor.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to provide 100 bicycles, at a cost of $200 each, for pastors in Burundi. Each bicycle will include a bike helmet and tire pump.
The purpose of the project is to provide ordained pastors with more efficient access to their congregations.
This project will be managed by Rev. Juvenal Nzosaba, general secretary of the Baptist Union of Burundi.
It is anticipated that this project will give the senior pastors more time to provide Bible training to local leaders, and will improve the overall evangelism efforts of these pastors within each community.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Rev. Juvenal Nzosaba and the BUB for the success of pastors who seek to reach all of their flocks in the communities of Bujumbura, Burundi.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- Donate by check. Write Pedals for Pastors-Burundi on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
Pastors in Burundi, one of the poorest countries in the world, need bicycles so that they can reach all of the churches within their purview. A lack of qualified pastors in the country means that each pastor needs to manage several churches.