Scholarships for Nursing Students in Haiti
About this Mission Project
Missionaries Nzunga and Kihomi encourage girls in Haiti to study in order to have a better life. Once a girl is educated, there is a better chance of education for her whole village. The girls who have already gone to nursing school prove this is true.
Sabta Frage comes from a very poor family. Her father lost his job and lacks vocational skills, making it hard to feed his family. The future looked very bleak for Sabta, who might have been forced into prostitution to survive. But thanks to your support, Sabta is on her way to being a nurse, a profession that is in high demand in Haiti.
This project will provide scholarships to young women like Sabta who want to attend nursing school or college.
- $50 will provide school supplies.
- $100 will provide a uniform learning kit.
- $250 will provide a one-year hospital internship.
- $500 will pay for one semester’s tuition.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $33,000 by September 2018 to provide five young women in Haiti with scholarships for nursing school or college. In addition to receiving a quality education and learning practical skills, they will be mentored and taught God’s word and Christian morals and values.
This project will be managed by missionary Kihomi Ngwemi. It is anticipated that, as a result of this project, these young women will be better prepared for decent jobs. This in turn will benefit their families and local communities.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with missionaries Kihomi and Nzunga and with the Haitian Baptist Convention that God will provide the resources to continue giving hope to needy students who desire an education.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Haiti/Nursing Scholarships on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For information, contact Chris Marziale.
Sabta Frage is a second-year nursing student in Haiti at the Antenor Firmin University in Cap Haitien. This project is helping to pay for her education. Sabta attends church and it is hoped that she will tell the story of how God’s love changed her life.