Global Peacemakers Mentoring Project
Goal: $11,000 per year
About This Mission Project
Boaz Keibarak is a young Kenyan Baptist peacemaker who mediates and trains others to mediate inter-tribal conflicts. He has developed his skills by training with Dan Buttry, but he has had to sell his goats to fund his own peace work. This project will also support his work in Kenya and in neighboring countries.
Young peacemakers will accompany IM Global Consultant for Peace and Justice Dan Buttry to expand their skills and experience internationally so they can lead their own conflict transformation trainings. These workshops are intense, life-changing events that give people the vision and tools to act positively in conflict situations.
- $50 provides training materials.
- $100 covers local expenses.
- $250 buys a plane ticket.
- $500 pays for a trainer’s stipend.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $11,000 a year for five years (2014 to 2019) to provide training materials, travel and stipends for emerging peacemaking leaders to train alongside Dan Buttry or to conduct their own peacemaking workshops. The purpose of the project is to strengthen the skills of young peace leaders and give them international exposure and experience.
This project will be managed by Dan Buttry, IM global consultant for Peace and Justice. It is anticipated that this project will strengthen the capacity of churches in conflicted countries to make an impact for peace and reconciliation in the name of Christ.
Connect to This Mission Project
- Pray with Dan Buttry and the young peacemaking leaders around the world that they may grow in their skills and be able to respond in God’s Spirit to the severe conflict challenges around them.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Peacemakers Mentoring Project on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
Lance Muteyo (left) and Global Consultant Dan Buttry enjoy a lighthearted moment during a break at the conflict transformation training program they co-facilitated for the Baptists in Zambia. Lance is a Baptist peacemaker from Zimbabwe whom Dan is mentoring and who has now conducted trainings in Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.