Loan for Children’s Park in Costa Rica
About this Mission Project
The Butterfly Memorial Park opened in 2014 with the goal of providing the children of Rincon Chiquito in La Guacima, Costa Rica, with a safe place to play and enjoy themselves.
In this community, children are exposed to social problems such as drug addiction, prostitution, alcoholism and human trafficking, among others. The park provides a safe space for children to have fun in a healthy way under the supervision of responsible adults. Local children now enjoy the park after school and in planned events such as the traditional Vacation Bible School, which about 80 children attend.
In order to provide this safe environment as soon as possible, the land was purchased using a loan, which must be repaid by 2018.
- $522 covers one month’s loan payment.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $19,162 within 24 months in order to pay the loan for the lot on which the Butterfly Memorial Park was built in La Guacima, Costa Rica.
This project will be managed by the treasurer of the Mansion of Light Baptist Church, Nancy Juarez Gomez.
It is anticipated that being relieved of this enormous financial burden will be a tremendous blessing to the faithful members of this church, who live in extreme poverty.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Please pray with our partners in Costa Rica that the Butterfly Park and Playground will continue to provide opportunities for imaginative play for hundreds of children.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Costa Rica/Butterfly Park Loan on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
Children enjoy the playground at the Butterfly Memorial Park. It’s a safe haven for more than 300 children and youth in the community of Rincon Chiquito and nearby areas.