Rehabilitate Drug Addicts in Hong Kong
About this Mission Project
The Center for Development of Transformation Ministry International (CDTM) in Hong Kong is committed to serving drug addicts in China. Set on a farm, the program provides training in growing vegetables, clementines, herbs and tea. Participants learn how to cook and serve in the farm’s shop. They develop close relationships that provide encouragement and support for their efforts to become and remain drug free.
The staff of the live-in facility face many challenges including the unpredictable moods and temperaments of the participants, as well as social and financial pressures of running the clinic. Yet they persevere in helping each person experience the gospel in ways that bring joy, hope and peace into their lives.
- $100 covers the expenses for one recovering addict for a month.
- $500 helps five people for a month.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $4,000 annually during 2016–2018 to help three recovering addicts for a year at the CDTM drug rehabilitation clinic in Hong Kong.
The purpose of the project is to provide food and housing, share the gospel and offer skills training for those seeking to be drug free. This project will be managed by Vivien Sung, general secretary of CDTM.
It is anticipated that this project will improve the overall lives of recovering drug addicts and help them become self-supporting members of their communities.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Vivien Sung and CDTM partners in East Asia that more drug addicts’ lives will be changed through this mission project.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Hong Kong/Rehabilitate Drug Addicts on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
This project helps many people experience a profound transformation. It helps them leave behind hopeless lives as drug addicts and find a joyful new life in Christ. Here the program participants show off some homemade kites. Many participants go on to help others overcome their own drug addictions.