Center for Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon
Goal: $2,350 per month
About this Mission Project
In Lebanon, there are many Migrant Domestic Workers (MDWs). The Insaaf Community Center has been ministering to these women for 10 years, providing a safe place to receive spiritual and emotional care. The maids take classes in computers, Arabic and English; receive legal referrals; have Bible studies; and exercise together.
This project has three goals: To run six weekly programs for the maids; to serve the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of 50 maids per month; and to educate 10 maids about the laws concerning migrant domestic workers.
- $50 provides Internet service for a month.
- $100 provides an electric generator and water for a month.
- $200 covers expenses for a medical clinic for the maids for a month.
- $300 pays a social worker for a month.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $2,350 per month ($28,200 annually) to support the Insaaf Centre in Beirut, Lebanon, in its ministry to MDWs.
This project will be managed by IM missionaries Dan and Sarah Chetti and the board of the Insaaf Community Center.
It is anticipated that this project will improve the overall economic opportunities for the MDWs, give them dignity, lower their risk of being trafficked and provide a haven for those who are being abused.
The long-term goal is to build up the Center so that it can be handed over to the Lebanese Baptist churches to continue the ministry for years to come.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Pray with Sarah and Dan Chetti and their partners in Lebanon that God would provide for the Insaaf Center so that MDWs in Lebanon may find hope and experience God’s love through the relationships and services offered there.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write Lebanon/Chetti/Insaaf Center on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
In the picture above...
IM missionary Sarah Chetti (right) is the Insaaf Community Center director. Here she gives computer training to Sashi, an MDW from Bangladesh. Sashi was abused by her former employer and, although her new employer is better, she needs a supportive relational network and a place to experience God’s love. At Insaaf, she will find all that as well as counseling and a chance to develop new job skills.