Seminars to Reignite and Restore India
About this Mission Project
The Banjaras, also known as “Gypsies of India,” are one of the largest people groups in the country. They have a thriving Christian community, with 40 churches and 200 prayer cells. Despite being committed to serve the Lord, however, their pastors and evangelists lack a solid theological foundation.
This project will provide seminars in pastoral care and evangelism that will help these leaders to grow the church and be accountable in reporting to the Convention of Banjara Baptist Churches. They will learn from and encourage one another so that they may go back to their ministries rededicated and enthusiastic with new ideas and goals.
- $100 provides a seminar kit for each leader.
- $250 pays the seminar leaders’ expenses, such as travel, room and board.
- $500 feeds all the attendees for three days.
Mission Project Specifics
This project seeks to raise $2,100 to bring the 50 pastors and evangelists of the Banjara Convention of South India together for training seminars, fellowship, sharing and encouragement as they learn from one another and from the seminar leaders.
This project will be managed by Dr. Wilson Vinaya Kumar and the Rev. Hanuma Naik of the Convention of Banjara Baptist Churches. It is anticipated that this project will give the attendees a more solid theological foundation, improve their level of accountability and renew their commitment to establishing goals for the growth of their churches and prayer cells.
Connect to this Mission Project
- Please pray with the Convention of Banjara Baptist Churches in India that the pastors and evangelists will be equipped and able to handle the challenges facing today’s church.
- Your donations make this mission project possible.
- To donate by check, write India/Banjara Bapt Conv/Seminars on the memo line and mail to International Ministries, PO Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851.
- Share this information with others in your community and in your church family.
- For more information, contact Chris Marziale.
These pastors and evangelists attended a seminar conducted by the Revs. Katie and Taku Longkumer, who are International Ministries Development Consultants for the Convention of Banjara Baptist Churches in South India.